I have to confess, being a newbie blogger, I find it hard to stay focused at times. I feel like I need to be doing everything at once, email strategies, social media, opt-ins, being active in Facebook groups daily....it is easy to get overwhelmed...and discouraged. Sometimes I just have to sit back and tell myself to focus on one thing, such as writing a new post or pinning content on Pinterest. I have mentioned the importance of using a planner in my other posts; but I will stress it again! I refer to my planner daily to help keep me on track with a task list.
Here is how I ended up with my goals from last month:
- I am still trying to figure out email engagement. I did gain 4 new subscribers, but I still need lots of help in this area.
- I sent out my first newsletter...finally! (Whoo hoo!)
- I have been doing well using Buffer to schedule daily Facebook and Twitter posts.
- I have applied for several sponsored posts/collaborations and am waiting to hear back. I also got approved for my first sponsored post through one of the blogger networks I belong to.
- I joined four new blogger Facebook groups and two new Pinterest group boards that I pin to weekly.
- I purchased RealGirlsRealm.com to use for my blog.
- I created a Media Kit to use when pitching for sponsored posts. Its not fancy, just a one page document with my bio and stats, but it is a start!
- I created a custom look for my blog post title pictures, in order to have a consistent look on Pinterest.
- I have started using some of the printables from the Building a Framework e-book. I think the most helpful one has been the Blog Stats Tracker since this allows me to see my growth in real numbers.
With a full time job and soccer season in full swing, I am going to try to keep my momentum going. Here are the things I will be focusing on this month:
- Continue working on gaining new email subscribers.
- Finish reading the eBook by Abby from Just a Girl and her Blog, Building a Framework: The Ultimate Blogging Handbook (I got sidetracked last month and didn't finish)
- Continue to tweak my monthly newsletter to make it more appealing for my subscribers.
- Finish Kirsten's e-course on Google Drive. I use Drive to store my pictures, but I want to utilize it better and organize my photos more efficiently.
- Learn about switching to WordPress...eventually
- Work on my Pinterest strategy and utilize the analytics to see what is working
I hope you will join me with setting your own goals for 2016! Feel free to link up with me at Sweet Tea, LLC if you are a fellow blogger who needs some encouragement in achieving your goals!
If you missed my other posts, you can read them here:
Goal Check Up