This post was sponsored by Smithfield as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. #RealFlavorRealFast
The holidays are super busy and most nights I do not have a lot of time to prepare a healthy dinner for my family. Smithfield® Marinated Pork brings you "Real Flavor Real fast" and helps get dinner on the table in lass than 30 minutes! This is perfect when my son asks me "What's for dinner?" as soon as I walk in the door!
The slow cooker is one of my most used kitchen appliances because I can cook almost any meat in it, with minimal prep time. I created a Tex-Mex Pork recipe that only requires a few ingredients and will be ready when you get home from work. I am using Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork in my recipe, because it is already seasoned and comes in conveniently packaged Loin Filets, Tenderloins, and Roasts.
If you have 10 minutes and a well stocked pantry, you can throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning, before leaving for work and end up with a hearty meal when you return home in the evening.
1 Smithfield Marinated Applewood Smoked Bacon Pork Loin Filet
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup white rice - cooked (to serve over)
1. If you like to use a liner, place it in the slow cooker first to make cleanup a breeze.
2. Remove the Smithfield Marinated Applewood Smoked Bacon Pork Loin Filet from the packaging and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. I have a large slow cooker, so the entire loin fit, but you can cut it in half if you need to. Tip: I always place the meat in first, so the veggies do not get overcooked.
3. Add the tomatoes, black beans, and chili powder on top of the pork loin.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Use a fork to shred the pork in the slow cooker and mix the ingredients together. It should look like a chunky chili.
6. Serve in a bowl, over a bed of white rice.
You can find Smithfield Marinated 100% Fresh Pork at your local Food Lion, in the meat section. Check out these #RealFlavorRealFast ideas and tell me which one you want to try!
If you want more easy recipe inspiration from Smithfield, visit them online and follow them on Facebook and Twitter!