This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser.
All opinions are mine alone. #CleanRippleStyle #CollectiveBias
I do not know what it is about Spring that makes me feel the need to clean and update the house! My guest bathroom is one of the rooms that is updated often, since it is one that our guests see the most. It is easy to change up the look in the bathroom by changing out the shower curtain, towels, and wall color. You also want to make sure you keep toiletries stocked, like mini shampoos, soap, toilet paper, and cleansing cloths.
For this mini makeover, I replaced the worn out mint green rugs and shower curtain and gave the walls a fresh coat of paint.
Here are the steps to make over your bathroom in a weekend:
Step 1- Paint the room.
- Remove any hardware from the walls, such as the towel bar
- Wipe the walls down with warm, soapy water
- Once the walls are dry, use painter's tape around the ceiling and baseboards to protect them from paint
- Select your color and paint your walls, using a medium nap roller
Step 2- Assemble an assortment of towels for your guests.
- Fold the towel or washcloth lengthwise, then roll tightly, keeping the towel taut for neatness
- Store them by the shower in a container or basket
Step 3 - Assemble essential toiletries
- Gather assorted travel sized shampoos, lotions, and soaps
- Find a basket or container to hold the toiletries
- Place a spare roll of toilet paper and cleansing cloths on the back of the toilet
I save the hotel toiletries from my travels and store them in an over-sized jar on the vanity.
Step 4- Finish the look with coordinating accessories
- Hang a new shower curtain
- Change out the towels and rug
- Add a decorative candle and/or soap dispenser
Since the guest bathroom is also my teenage son's bathroom, I wanted to keep it simple and fun, so I chose a shower curtain with geometric shapes. Since the shower curtain is colorful, I kept the other accessories neutral, with cream towels and a cream and tan rug.
I always head to Sam's Club to stock up on my bathroom essentials. I have been a member for years and it is my go-to store when planning for a party or just stocking up on the basics. Along with hand soap and paper products, I also pick up Cottonelle® Fresh Care* Flushable Cleansing Cloths to have on hand.
Cottonelle® Fresh Care* Flushable Cleansing Cloths are great for the entire family because they are flushable and sewer and septic safe. The OneTouch dispensing packs come in exclusive members-voted designs that fit in with any decor.
Did you know Sam's Club also has a subscription service so you never run out of your essentials?How do you keep your bathroom ready for guests?