To recap...In May my goals were:
- Finish the post for my collaboration with a paint retailer Done
- Continue applying for paid posts, especially since I have one under my belt now I have had five more paid post through blogger networks and collaborated with Thompson's Waterseal, which I got by creating an email pitch.
- Continue working on gaining new email subscribers I have only gained 6 new subscribers, which is pretty sad. I have been pouring through all of Kirsten's email marketing material and attended the class she taught at Haven, so I plan on implementing some of her strategies.
- Continue to work on my Pinterest strategy...I upgraded my Buffer account so I can start scheduling Pins I have been using buffer for Pinning and think it works well; I just need to do it more consistently. I have gained about 100 new followers on Pinterest, so I think that is good!
- Design and order business cards for my blog Done...I passed those babies out like candy at Haven
One BIG thing I have learned over the last few months and especially at the Haven conference is that you have to take risks if you want to see a reward. This has been hard for me because I do not like putting myself out there at all. I do not like asking for things or talking to people I do not know, but getting out of my comfort zone has brought me collaborative posts with brands I did not think would give me the time of day, allowed me to form friendships with other bloggers, and will allow me to earn a little extra income on the side while doing something I love! You know what? You WILL fail; you will try things that do not work, or get a "No" from a brand, or be ignored, but that is OK. I think these experiences make us stronger and more confident with our next endeavor. So, that's my nugget of wisdom (from a newbie) for the month.
What I want to work on during September:
- Work on the monthly Mason Jar Challenge - The Mason Jar is a membership site that gives you access to all Kirsten's knowledge, allows you to interact with other bloggers, work on bite-sized blog tasks, and MORE! Its awesome, check it out and tell her I sent ya!
- Pitch at least two collaboration ideas - I want to take advantage of some of the brand connections I made at Haven to cross some home projects off my list.
- Work on ideas for the next three months of guest posts on Sweet Tea and Saving Grace.
- Focus on my Pinterest media strategy - I want to grow my followers by 50 during the month by posting more consistently to my boards and group boards.
- Work on setting up affiliate links on old blog posts.
I hope you will join me with setting your own goals for 2016! Feel free to link up with me at Sweet Tea, LLC if you are a fellow blogger who needs some encouragement in achieving your goals!
If you missed my other posts, you can read them here: