Here were my goals for last quarter:
- Pitch at least two collaboration ideas - I want to take advantage of some of the brand connections I made at Haven to cross some home projects off my list. I actually pitched several brands and was able to collaborate with Cedar Safe Closets, HomeRight, and Simple Addiction.
- Work on ideas for the next three months of guest posts on Sweet Tea and Saving Grace. Done
- Focus on my Pinterest media strategy - I want to grow my followers by 50 during the month by posting more consistently to my boards and group boards. I have joined a Pinterest Strategy Facebook page, been participating in Pinterest threads in a Blog Boost group twice a week, and recently started using Board Booster Campaigns to keep my blog posts in my followers feeds.
- Work on setting up affiliate links on old blog posts. I have set up affiliate links on several older blog posts and promoted them on social media. I am also using links in new blog posts, where applicable.
My little blog has come so far in the last 12 months. I would have never thought my little part of the internet could turn into such a wonderful creative outlet for me and earn me a little extra income in the process. Not to mention, all the amazingly supportive women I have "met".
Since the beginning of the year here are the highlights of what I have accomplished:
- Redesigned my blog page to establish a cohesive brand, which extends across my social media platforms
- Created a monthly newsletter
- Consistently posting on social media with the help of scheduling tools
- Worked with multiple brands to collaborate on 25 sponsored posts and hosted 12 giveaways
- Attended my first Blog Conference
- Monthly Fashion contributor at Sweet Tea and Saving Grace blog
I have also been taking every free course I can get my hands on, participating in blogger support groups, and just purchased the Genius Bloggers Toolkit to start working through. My challenge to you this year is to set at least 3 goals, write out the steps to accomplish them, and assess your progress monthly. Let's hold each other accountable together!
Here are my 3 main goals I am working on in 2017:
1. Monetize my blog-Earn $500/month through sponsored posts and affiliate revenue
2. Grow my social media following - Double my following on each platform, including email subscribers
3. Work on photography- Purchase a camera and work through the photography education in the Genius Bloggers Toolkit.
Thanks to all of you who take the time to read my blog, comment on my posts, and encourage me on social media. I would not be where I am without you! I have so many excting things in store for the upcoming year with my blog, so make sure you enter your email in the box below to subscribe to my newsletter, so you don't miss out!